Here are the Frequently Asked Questions about the AR Code service. If you are unable to resolve your query, please contact us.
SUBSCRIPTION - Can I cancel my subscription at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your subscription whenever you want. Upon request, we will cancel the subscription right before your next payment period. This means you can continue to enjoy premium features until the end of your subscription period.
SUBSCRIPTION - Which payment methods are accepted by AR Code?
To subscribe to an AR Code premium account, you can use the following payment methods: international bank cards (such as Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover).
SUBSCRIPTION - How will I receive billing for the AR Code service?
When you subscribe to a premium account (either STANDARD or PRO), your credit card will be automatically charged at the beginning of each period (monthly or yearly). You'll receive the invoice via email after each payment.
SUBSCRIPTION - What is the licensing process for marketing agencies using AR Codes for commercial use?
If you represent a services company offering AR Code services or content to your customers, you must apply for a PRO plan that includes a Reseller License and each of your customers must get a Commercial License (either the STANDARD or PRO plan) to utilize the AR Code technology.
SUBSCRIPTION - Who owns the 3D models created using AR Code's technology?
The 3D models created via our technology belong to AR Code Pte. Ltd. company and can be used in accordance with our Terms and Conditions (https://ar-code.com/page/terms). If you upload any third-party content (such as images, videos, or additional 3D models), the ownership of that content will not change. You must use such third-party content in accordance with the license provided by the original owner.
SUBSCRIPTION - What are the limits for commercial use of the service and how does the size and type of business affect the plan and pricing?
For commercial use of the service, a licensee account must be purchased that is appropriate for the type and size of your business. The STANDARD plan is for individuals or SMBs with less than 100 employees. Scans beyond the 10,000/month limit are priced at 0.10 USD/scan. The PRO plan is for SMBs of less than 500 employees. Scans beyond the limit are priced at 0.05 USD/scan. For companies with more than 500 employees, a dedicated contract should be obtained by contacting our team. For commercial use, the assigned license allows you to use the generated AR Codes and their 3D models for commercial purposes. However, please note that each company using AR Code services for commercial purposes needs to have its own license. If you represent a services company offering AR Code services or content to your customers, you must apply for a PRO plan that includes a Reseller License and each of your customers must have a Commercial License (either the STANDARD or PRO plan) to utilize the AR Code technology.
SUBSCRIPTION - What will happen to my AR Codes if I cancel my premium subscription?
When you cancel a premium account, it will revert to a free trial plan at the end of your current subscription period. Please note that this plan does not guarantee the long-term availability of your 3D content on our AR Cloud server. It is only offered as a trial of our technology.
SUBSCRIPTION - Is there a premium plan with unlimited scans available?
Due to the cost of server infrastructure resources required for each access to an AR Code experience, we are unable to offer an unlimited scans package.
SUBSCRIPTION - What will happen if the number of scans for my AR Code exceeds the limits of my premium plan?
Your AR Codes will still be accessible. You will receive an email from our sales team to regularize your account. Excess scans are billed as follows: STANDARD Plan, scans beyond the 10,000/month: 0.10 USD/scan; PRO Plan, scans beyond the limit: 0.05 USD/scan
AR RENDER - Is it possible to determine the location where the AR experience will appear?
It is not possible to set a specific location for the AR experience, except with the "Web AR" renderer, which will display your model hovering over the code. Immersive AR rendering displays the experience in your direct environment.
AR RENDER - How do I display an immersive AR render?
Immersive AR via an AR Code is accessible from Apple devices using Safari or Chrome. Android devices that have installed Google Services for AR and Chrome can also access immersive AR through ARCore technology (on Pixel phones) or WebXR technology (on Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, etc.). For more information, please see the following link: AR Render types.
AR RENDER - Is it possible to use our own domain URL when accessing an AR Code or host the AR Code technology locally?
AR Code experiences are centralized on the ar-code.com cloud server and cannot be localized on your own server/URL. They require different server technologies to be processed. We offer a Custom Page solution that allows you to introduce an AR experience with your own business details, including a link. For more information, please see the following page: Custom pages
AR RENDER - Can a 3D model within an AR Code include a clickable button? What interactions are available for the user?
AR Code experiences are not clickable. Our AR renders offer two possible interactions: moving the AR model and changing its size. To include a clickable link, our premium plans offer a Custom Pages tool. These are web pages that appear just before displaying an AR experience and can include a URL hyperlink. For more information, please see the following:Custom Pages.
AR RENDER - Is it possible to view an AR Code experience using a Meta Quest headset? What about the Apple Vision headset?
Currently, it is not possible to view the content of an AR Code on Meta Quest headsets as the AR function is not yet open to developers for scanning codes and displaying models, and it would require an app to do so. However, the AR Code display is expected to be automatically adaptable on the upcoming Apple Vision Pro Headset, as AR renders on the Apple ecosystem are easily interconnected.
AR RENDER - Is it possible to modify the light settings for an immersive AR Code experience?
When accessing immersive AR display from an AR Code, you are unable to manage the scene light settings. Apple and Android's default AR rendering uses natural light from the environment to illuminate the 3D model. These AR rendering features are improved with each update of the operating system. You can update your operating system to the latest version to get the best possible rendering. On the AR Code side, you can only improve the textures to obtain a better result. You can make them brighter and glossier.
ACCOUNT - Can I upgrade my AR Code account at any time?
Yes, you can upgrade your AR Code account at any time to access our premium features. To do so, please log in to your account and go to the following page: https://ar-code.com/pricing
ACCOUNT - If I delete my account, what will happen to the data I shared on AR Code?
When your account is deleted, we will cancel your subscription and delete all of your data from our servers, including, but not limited to, your AR Codes and traffic data.
ACCOUNT - Can I update a 3D model on an existing AR Code?
Yes, it is possible. You can update the content of a 3D model AR Code yourself by accessing the edit page or by sending us an email with your AR Code reference and the new content. If you choose to update by email, the process will be completed within 24 hours.
ACCOUNT - Can video be added to an AR Code?
ACCOUNT - What is the AR Text tool?
AR Text is a tool that allows easily creating 3D augmented reality text experiences via iOS app or the AR Code web interface. It allows users to anchor virtual 3D Texts to the real world using an AR Code. It includes 155 fonts, unlimited colors and can model texts up to 15 characters. User can manage the AR Text experiences using the platform's advanced tracking tools.
ACCOUNT - What is the AR Video tool?
The AR Video tool allows users to anchor virtual videos to the real world using an AR Code, viewable on smartphones and tablets without a third-party app. The AR Code platform uses WebAR technology to create an augmented reality video experience. Users can create their own AR Videos by uploading a video file and generating an AR Code, and track and manage the experiences using the platform's tracking tools.
ACCOUNT - What is the AR Photo tool?
ACCOUNT - What is the AR Portal tool?
The AR Portal tool is a feature that allows users to create immersive augmented reality experiences from 360 photos. They are utilized by various businesses such as real estate and tourism companies. User can manage the AR Portal experiences using the platform's advanced tracking tools.
ACCOUNT - What is the AR Logo tool?
AR Logo is a tool that allows companies to add augmented reality to their marketing and branding strategies using their own logo. It generates a 3D version of a SVG logo, which can be anchored behind an AR code and used on various marketing materials. It also offers features such as tracking statistics and retargeting tools, and allows for customization of the AR experience access.
ACCOUNT - Can sound or audio be added to an AR Code experience?
Only "AR Videos" and "AR Filter" experiences can include audio. Here are more details about AR Videos: AR Videos demo. It is currently not possible to add sound to a 3D model AR experience on our platform.
ACCOUNT -Is it possible to use geolocation for an AR experience with AR Code?
There is no geolocation feature with AR Code technology, except for placing the AR QR Code at the desired location.
ACCOUNT - What is the maximum weight of a 3D model file that can be uploaded to AR Code?
There are no 3D file weight restrictions for premium accounts when uploading. Please note that if your file size exceeds 15MB, the upload must be done through our dedicated support. Before uploading any file, we recommend that users read and watch this tutorial to get the best AR experience result on AR Code. For more information, please see the following: 3D models file size.
ACCOUNT - Is it possible to customize the AR rendering on AR Code, such as attaching the AR experience to a specific image or monument?
There is no custom AR rendering feature on AR Code, but you can create this type of experience using a social media AR filter (such as Spark AR or Lens Studio) and then integrate it with an AR Code using the URL through our AR Filter tool.
ACCOUNT - What are the 3D file formats supported by the 3D file upload feature?
The following file formats can be automatically uploaded to our platform through our interface: .GLB, .USDZ, .PLY, .STL, .FBX, .OBJ, .X3D, .GLTF, or .ZIP including the 3D file and textures paths.. For other 3D file formats, including .DAE, .ABC, .USDZ, .STP, .IGS, etc., please follow our tutorial or upload them through our dedicated support email. For more information, please see the following: 3D models file size.
ACCOUNT - We have our own 3D model. How do we upload it on AR Code?
To upload your own 3D model on AR Code, you will need to upgrade your FREE TRIAL account to a STANDARD or PRO plan. The upload process is quick and easy,and can be done by sending us your 3D file or by using our interface, following these tips.
ACCOUNT - Is it possible to customize the design of an AR Code?
Yes, with a premium account, you can customize the colors of an AR Code, including the background color, foreground color, and AR marker logo color.
ACCOUNT - Is the limit on the number of AR Codes fixed at 100 for the STANDARD plan and 1000 for the PRO plan?
The number of AR Codes for each plan is fixed, but you can indefinitely delete some of them and create new ones. You can also update already created AR Codes to display updated AR content by sending an email mentioning the AR Code reference and attaching the new content (video, 3D model, data, etc.). If you need a specific number of AR Codes to be created, please contact us. We can create a plan tailored to your needs.
ACCOUNT - Is it possible to import or use a QR Code that already exists with AR Code?
An existing QR Code cannot be imported into ar-code.com unless it was created on the AR Code interface from a previous account.
ACCOUNT - Is it possible to display an AR experience in its full size at 1:1 scale?
The scale of an AR Code experience depends on its AR display mode. Immersive AR can render a 1:1 scale when initially displayed, this initial scale must have been set before uploading the 3D file with software such as Blender. To help you get the final AR dimension of your experience, at the end of your 3D model upload, you will get the expected immersive AR dimension on the preview. When the model is displayed, the end user can adjust its scale to the desired size by using two fingers to interact with it.
ACCOUNT - Can I display multiple 3D models on an AR Code experience?
An AR Code can only display a single unique 3D model. To display multiple 3D models within an AR Code scan, you will need to create a 3D model scene that includes all of your 3D models.
API - Is API access available for developers?
Yes, we have an API that allows for data to be displayed when hovering over an AR Code. This is a useful tool for displaying text data remotely anywhere, particularly for technical use cases such as telecom equipment and industrial maintenance. For more information, please see the following: AR Code API
Latest Blog Posts
- Boosting Social Media Engagement: AR Code's AR Filter Feature for Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook
- AR Videos on the Meta Quest 3 with AR Code: A New Dimension of Immersive Advertising
- Transforming Beverage Packaging Advertising with AR QR Codes
- AR Code on the Meta Quest 3: Enhancing Visualization of 3D Models in Augmented Reality
- AR Code Object Capture App: 3D Scanning and AR QR Code Generation on iOS 17
- Boost User Engagement with Custom Links on AR Code
- How to Create a Customized AR Code Experience?
- AR Portals' 3D Models in GLB and USDZ Formats
- 3DQR vs AR Code: A Comparative Study of QR Code-Based Augmented Reality Solutions
- How to Manage the File Size Limitation for 3D Models on AR Code ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to make a 3D Model optimized for Augmented Reality with AR Code?
- AR Code's Support for Texture Formats in Augmented Reality Rendering
- AR Codes are Automatically Compatible with the Apple Vision Pro and its VisionOS
- Apple Vision Pro Headset Details and its 3D Models USDZ & GLB via an AR Code
- AR FaceTime on the Apple Vision Pro Headset at WWDC 2023
- App Clip Codes and Apple Vision Codes: anchoring Augmented Reality Experiences on iOS 17 and visionOS
- How AR QR Codes in Books and Magazines are Transforming the Reading Experience
- Blippar VS AR Code: WebAR SaaS Platforms Compared
- Digitalizing Restaurant Menus with Augmented Reality QR Codes
- Furniture AR Codes and Their 3D Models in GLB & USDZ Formats
- Brands' AR Logos and Their GLB & USDZ 3D Models
- 8thWall VS AR Code: Comparing WebAR SaaS for Your Business
- Apple Vision Code: The Future of AR and QR Codes on visionOS
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ and AR QR Codes of Concept Cars and Auto Parts
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Corporate Product Catalogs
- Industrial 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR Codes: Equipment, Tools and Machines
- Educational 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR QR Codes: Enhancing Learning for Students
- Metaverse, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality: Apple's and Meta's plans
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ of Museum Artworks and Their AR Codes
- Decorative Vases: downloadable 3D Models GLB & USDZ with corresponding AR Codes
- AR QR Codes for Event Promotional Materials: Brochures, Posters, or Flyers
- Augmented Reality Glasses to Replace Smartphones Within 10 Years ?
- Marketing Agencies can easily offer AR Solutions using AR Code
- Apple Vision Pro Headset: A New Era of Augmented Reality
- Celebrating Christmas with Augmented Reality Codes
- Enhancing Sports Events with AR Code: bring the FIFA World Cup to life
- Augmented Reality QR Codes Enhance Collaborative Product Design
- 3D NFTs can be viewed in Augmented Reality with an AR QR Code
- AR Codes on Packaging to Display 3D Animations, Videos, or Data in Augmented Reality
- Scan AR Codes to Display Products from an Online Store in Augmented Reality
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to Display a 3D Scan Photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- How to add Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- AR Video: Play Videos Over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- AR Logo, to Automatically Design 3D logos from SVG image files
- How to Track and Retarget Users from your AR QR Code Experiences?
- What are Custom Pages & How to create one?
- Uploading 3D Models on AR Code, What File Size and Format?