Apple Reality | Monday 9th of January 2023 08:35:02 AM |
In spring 2023, Apple will release its own augmented reality headset, joining the ranks of virtual reality devices that have gained popularity in recent years. This information comes from Mark Gurman, a technology journalist who has written for several publications, including 9to5Mac, Bloomberg, and Business Insider. He is known for his reporting on Apple and the technology industry, and has been credited with breaking several important stories about new products and developments from Apple and other tech companies.
The release of the Apple AR headsets, supposedly named the "Apple Reality One" and "Apple Reality Pro," marks a significant milestone in the evolution of AR technology and its integration into everyday life.
Virtual Reality Headsets Gain Popularity with Facebook's Meta Quest
Virtual reality headsets became a popular consumer technology in 2022 with the release of the Facebook Meta Quest device. The Meta Quest, developed by Facebook's VR division Oculus, offered users the ability to fully immerse themselves in a virtual world through the use of a headset and motion controllers.
The device was particularly popular among gamers, who were drawn to its high-quality graphics and realistic gameplay. However, the Meta Quest and other VR headsets also found applications in industries such as healthcare, education, and training, as they provided a unique platform for simulated learning and therapy sessions. As VR technology continues to advance, it is likely that we will see an even wider range of uses for VR headsets in the future.
Here is a list of released AR/VR Headsets:
- Meta Quest 2 and Pro
- HTC Vive XR Elite
- Sony PlayStation VR
- Samsung Gear VR
- Microsoft HoloLens 2
- Pico 4 VR
Apple to Join AR Market with Upcoming Headset Release
Apple is set to release its own augmented reality headset in spring 2023, with rumors swirling about the details of the highly anticipated device. Some sources suggest that the headset will be unveiled at a dedicated conference event similar to the ones used to introduce the iPhone 1. Others speculate that it will be announced at the annual Apple Developers Conference (WWDC), which takes place in June. In the past, Apple used to release ARkit improvements during this event.
The release of the Apple AR headset will be a major event in the tech industry. With Apple's reputation for innovative and high-quality products, it is likely that the headset will be met with great excitement and anticipation from consumers and developers alike.
Augmented Reality: The Future of Spatial Computing
Augmented reality is widely regarded as the future of computing, particularly in the realm of spatial computing. Spatial computing refers to the use of technology to interact with and understand the physical world in a more natural and intuitive way. AR is a prime example of this, as it allows users to overlay virtual content onto the real world in a way that feels seamless and natural.
This has the potential to revolutionize a wide range of industries, from education and training to entertainment and marketing. As AR technology continues to advance, it is likely that we will see more and more applications for this innovative form of computing. Some experts even predict that AR will eventually surpass traditional computing methods in terms of popularity and utility.
AR Allows for Immersive Interaction with Virtual 3D Content
One of the key benefits of augmented reality is the ability to see virtual 3D content in your direct environment. With an AR headset, smartphone, or soon-to-be-released AR glasses, users can view virtual objects and information as if they were actually present in the physical world. This has the potential to revolutionize the way we interact with and understand our surroundings.
For example, an AR headset could be used to display information about a historical site or monument as you walk through it, or an AR smartphone app could be used to visualize furniture in a room before making a purchase. As AR technology becomes more advanced and widely available, it is likely that we will see an increasing number of applications for this immersive form of computing.
Apple's AR Headset to Utilize QR Codes for Displaying 3D Models
The Apple Reality One and Pro headsets, set to be released in spring 2023, will be equipped with the ability to scan AR QR codes and display 3D models in augmented reality through the use of an app called "Gobi." This feature allows users to access a wide range of virtual content by simply scanning an AR QR code with their headset or smartphone.
For example, a museum visitor could scan an AR QR code next to a historical artifact and view a 3D model of the object in AR. This feature has the potential to enhance the way we interact with and learn about the world around us, providing a more immersive and interactive experience. It is likely that the AR QR code scanning feature of the Apple Reality One and Pro headsets will be used in a variety of industries and applications.
AR QR Codes to Become a Common Sight with Apple's AR Ecosystem
With the release of the Apple Reality One and Pro headsets in 2023, individuals will have the ability to create their own AR QR codes, known as App Clip Codes, to access their favorite 3D content in augmented reality. These codes can be scanned with the Apple headset or smartphone, allowing users to view virtual objects and information as if they were actually present in the physical world.
This feature has the potential to revolutionize the way we share and access content, making it easier than ever to share and view AR experiences with friends and family. It is likely that App Clip Codes will be used in a variety of industries and applications, from entertainment to education to marketing.
Apple TV and Facetime to Offer Augmented Reality Features
It is rumored that Apple TV and Apple Facetime may also offer augmented reality experiences through the use of AR QR codes. This means that users will be able to access and view virtual content through these platforms using their Apple Reality headset. This feature has the potential to enhance the way we consume and share media, making it more interactive and immersive.
It is likely that Apple TV and Apple Facetime will offer a wide range of AR content, from games and videos to educational and informational experiences. The use of AR QR codes to access this content will make it easy for users to access and share these experiences with others.
19,414 AR experiences
20,584 Scans per day
Top Blog Posts
- How do I scan AR Codes?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- AR QR Codes: The Future of Interactive Advertising
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR photo on AR Code
- AR Video: play videos over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- What are Custom Pages & How to create one ?
- What is the difference between a QR Code and an AR Code?
- AR Code technology, the future of Museums and Art exhibitions
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- AR Codes: How they work & applications in education
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- How to use Augmented Reality Codes in Real Estate business?
- How to add Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Sports Centers
- AR Logo, to automatically design 3D logos from SVG image files
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to display a 3D scan photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- Uploading 3D models on AR Code, what File Size and Format?
- How Augmented Reality Codes can make our Cities Smarter
- How to create "Text to AR" experiences with the AR Text app by AR Code?
- How to track and retarget users from your AR QR Code experiences?
- Here is how AR Code is going to transform industrial and manufacturing companies
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ
- Scan AR Codes to display products from an online store in Augmented Reality
- AR Codes on packaging to display 3D animations, videos, or data in Augmented Reality
- Enhancing Sports Events with AR Code: bring the FIFA World Cup to life
- 3D NFTs can be viewed in Augmented Reality with an AR QR Code
- Celebrating Christmas with Augmented Reality Codes
- Augmented Reality Codes enhance collaborative product design
- Apple to Release Augmented Reality Headset in spring 2023
- Marketing Agencies can easily offer AR Solutions using AR Code
- AR QR Codes for Event Promotional Materials: Brochures, Posters, or Flyers
- Augmented Reality Glasses to Replace Smartphones Within 10 Years ?