Q & A | 16/07/2023 |
Using augmented reality in your projects can be an exciting and immersive way to express your ideas. However, working with AR and 3D models can sometimes be challenging, especially when trying to work within file size limitations. We're frequently asked about these restrictions, so we've decided to address one of the most common queries - how to manage the file size cap for 3D model uploads on AR Code.
Question: How can I reduce my AR project's 3D model to fit within AR Code's 15MB size limit?
Firstly, it's important to note why we have this file size cap. The 15MB limit ensures that users have a satisfactory experience when loading your AR content. On a standard mobile phone internet connection, a 15MB file typically translates to an average of about 15 seconds of loading time.
The overall size of your project depends on multiple factors, including the number and quality of texture files it contains, as well as the complexity of the 3D model's definition, i.e., the number of vertices.
To significantly reduce your project's size, you might need to compress or reduce the number of texture images and simplify the 3D model itself. We understand this can be a complex process, so to assist you, we offer a tutorial on how to reduce 3D model file sizes: How to Compress & Reduce the File Size of a 3D Model.
To an optimized 3D model for augmented reality with AR Code, you can also check out our step-by-step video tutorial available at this link: optimize 3D models for augmented reality.
Further understanding of the 3D file upload feature and its constraints can be gained from our dedicated information page: Uploading 3D Models on AR Code: What File Size and Format.
In conclusion, while the file size limit for 3D model uploads on AR Code may initially seem restricting, there are strategies and resources available to help you streamline and optimize your projects. As always, our team is ready to assist should you have any further queries or concerns.
Frequently asked questions
What is the file size cap for 3D model uploads on AR Code?
The file size cap for 3D model uploads on AR Code is 15MB. This limit is set to ensure a satisfactory end-user experience, especially in terms of loading time on a standard mobile phone internet connection.
What happens if my 3D model project exceeds the file size cap on AR Code?
If your 3D model project exceeds the 15MB file size limit, you will need to reduce its size to fit within the cap. This can be achieved by eliminating a portion of the texture images or compressing your 3D model files.
How can I reduce the size of my 3D model project?
The overall size of your project is largely influenced by the number of texture files it contains. To significantly reduce the size, you might need to eliminate a considerable number of these texture images. Additionally, you can refer to AR Code's tutorial on how to compress and reduce the file size of a 3D model for more detailed information.
What file formats are acceptable for 3D model uploads on AR Code?
AR Code accepts a variety of 3D file formats including .GLB, .USDZ, .PLY, .STL, .FBX, .OBJ, .X3D, and .GLTF. If applicable, any linked textures should also be included in your upload.
31,938 AR experiences
114,279 Scans per day
Latest Blog Posts
- AR Code Object Capture App: 3D Scanning and AR QR Code Generation on iOS 17
- Boost User Engagement with Custom Links on AR Code
- How to Create a Customized AR Code Experience?
- AR Portals' 3D Models in GLB and USDZ Formats
- 3DQR vs AR Code: A Comparative Study of QR Code-Based Augmented Reality Solutions
- How to Manage the File Size Limitation for 3D Models on AR Code ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to make a 3D Model optimized for Augmented Reality with AR Code?
- AR Code's Support for Texture Formats in Augmented Reality Rendering
- AR Codes are Automatically Compatible with the Apple Vision Pro and its VisionOS
- Apple Vision Pro Headset Details and its 3D Models USDZ & GLB via an AR Code
- AR FaceTime on the Apple Vision Pro Headset at WWDC 2023
- App Clip Codes and Apple Vision Codes: anchoring Augmented Reality Experiences on iOS 17 and visionOS
- How AR QR Codes in Books and Magazines are Transforming the Reading Experience
- Blippar VS AR Code: WebAR SaaS Platforms Compared
- Digitalizing Restaurant Menus with Augmented Reality QR Codes
- Furniture AR Codes and Their 3D Models in GLB & USDZ Formats
- Brands' AR Logos and Their GLB & USDZ 3D Models
- 8thWall VS AR Code: Comparing WebAR SaaS for Your Business
- Apple Vision Code: The Future of AR and QR Codes on visionOS
- Scan AR Codes to Display Products from an Online Store in Augmented Reality
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ and AR QR Codes of Concept Cars and Auto Parts
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ
- How Do I Scan AR Codes?
- AR QR Codes: The Future of Interactive Advertising
- AR Video: Play Videos Over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- How AR Code is going to Transform Industrial and Manufacturing Companies
- How to add Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- How to Track and Retarget Users from your AR QR Code Experiences?
- AR Code Technology, The Future of Museums and Art exhibitions
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to Display a 3D Scan Photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- AR Logo, to Automatically Design 3D logos from SVG image files
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- Uploading 3D Models on AR Code, What File Size and Format?
- Metaverse, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality: Apple's and Meta's plans
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ of Museum Artworks and Their AR Codes
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Corporate Product Catalogs
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- Decorative Vases: downloadable 3D Models GLB & USDZ with corresponding AR Codes
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR 3D Photo on AR Code
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Sports Centers
- Industrial 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR Codes: Equipment, Tools and Machines
- Educational 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR QR Codes: Enhancing Learning for Students
- Marketing Agencies can easily offer AR Solutions using AR Code
- AR QR Codes for Event Promotional Materials: Brochures, Posters, or Flyers
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- 3D NFTs can be viewed in Augmented Reality with an AR QR Code
- Augmented Reality Glasses to Replace Smartphones Within 10 Years ?
- AR Codes: How They Work & Applications in Education