WebAR | 17/04/2023 |
Web-based augmented reality (WebAR) solutions, such as AR Code and 8thWall, are gaining popularity as businesses and developers recognize the value of creating immersive AR experiences without requiring users to download dedicated apps.
What is AR Code and How Does It Work?
AR Code is a cutting-edge webAR and immersive AR platform that enables users to create and display engaging AR experiences without the need for a dedicated app. Compatible with various devices and browsers, AR Code offers a seamless and immersive experience for users.
By using AR QR Codes, AR Code allows businesses to anchor AR content anywhere and users to access AR content simply by scanning the code with their device's camera app. This intuitive approach to accessing AR experiences has made AR Code a popular choice among businesses looking to enhance their marketing efforts, engage customers, and provide unique experiences with a simple implementation.
What is 8th Wall and How Does It Work?
8thWall is another webAR platform that enables developers to create complexes AR experiences accessible without a dedicated app. Like AR Code, it offers compatibility with various devices and browsers, making it accessible to a wide range of users.
Comparing AR Code and 8thWall: Benefits and Use Cases
Both AR Code and 8thWall offer unique advantages that make them attractive options for businesses and developers. Here are some key comparisons:
- Ease of use: AR Code stands out for its simplicity and user-friendly approach, while 8th Wall caters more to developers with a strong background in web technologies.
- Accessibility: Both platforms are accessible to users across various devices and browsers, ensuring that the AR experiences they create can reach a wide audience. AR Code by focusing on a AR QR Code approach can display the best possible AR experience to the end user device, including immersive AR experiences through ARKit and ARCore technologies.
- Marketing and customer engagement: Both platforms can be used to enhance marketing efforts and engage customers with AR. However, AR Code's focus on using AR QR Codes for easy access to content makes it a popular choice for businesses looking to easily create immersive marketing campaigns.
- Cost-effectiveness: AR Code is renowned for its cost-effective pricing, making it an ideal choice for businesses of all sizes. Its commercial license is conveniently bundled with its plans, providing excellent value for users. Conversely, 8th Wall offers a more technical platform, which comes at a higher cost for its commercial license – exceeding 2000 USD per month.
- Apple Vision:When it comes to hardware integration, AR Code's compatibility with the Apple Vision Pro Headset and its ARKit displaying feature will allows for seamless integration and utilization of the headset's advanced capabilities. On the other hand, 8thWall, relying solely on webAR technology, may not have the same level of integration or adaptability with specialized hardware.
Choosing the Right Platform for Your Business: Why AR Code Stands Out
While both AR Code and 8th Wall have their merits, AR Code stands out as the better choice for businesses seeking a simple, versatile, and affordable webAR and immersive AR solution. It is suitable for a wide range of industries, including retail, manufacturing, and education, and offers strong community support and resources for users.
AR Code is also the best choice for businesses and individuals seeking to create engaging and immersive augmented reality experiences, thanks to its user-friendly and versatile creation tools. The platform caters to users with varying levels of technical expertise, making it accessible for anyone interested in incorporating AR into their projects.
With features like AR Text, AR Photo, AR Portal, Text flyover, AR Filter, AR Video, AR Logo, and 3D file upload, the AR Code platform provides a comprehensive suite of tools that enable users to create customized, interactive, and visually appealing AR experiences.
Getting Started with AR Code: Tools and Resources
AR Code provides a variety of tools and resources to help users get started with the platform. Comprehensive documentation, tutorials, and community support make it easy to create engaging AR experiences tailored to your business needs. Additionally, AR Code offers a transparent pricing model with flexible plans to accommodate businesses of all sizes.
AR Code is dedicated to helping its users make the most of their platform, and as such, they provide a wide range of tutorials on their blog. These tutorials cover various aspects of using the AR Code platform, from getting started with the basics to diving deeper into more advanced features.
Some of the AR topics covered in the tutorials include:
- Creating your first AR experience using AR Code
- Working with AR Text, AR Photo, and AR Portal tools
- Implementing Text flyover and AR Filter features
- Creating AR Videos and transforming SVG images into 3D logos
- Uploading and optimizing your own 3D models for AR display
Both AR Code and 8th Wall offer unique advantages for businesses and developers looking to create web-based AR experiences. However, AR Code stands out as the more user-friendly, versatile, and affordable option, making it the ideal choice for businesses across various industries. By leveraging the tools and resources provided by AR Code, you can create engaging AR experiences that resonate with your target audience.
Comparing Additional AR Services
Here are additional AR business solutions compared to AR Code SaaS:
Frequently asked questions
What are the key differences between AR Code and 8thWall?
AR Code is more user-friendly and accessible, uses AR QR Codes for the best possible AR experience, and is more cost-effective. 8th Wall is more developer-focused and provides a robust set of features.
What are the use cases for AR Code and 8thWall?
Both can enhance marketing efforts and engage customers with AR. AR Code is suitable for a wide range of industries, and its user-friendly creation tools cater to varying levels of technical expertise. 8th Wall is suitable for creating complex AR experiences.
Why is AR Code the better choice for businesses seeking a WebAR solution?
AR Code is a simple, versatile, and affordable WebAR solution that provides a comprehensive suite of easy-to-use creation tools and strong community support and resources. Its transparent pricing model with flexible plans accommodates businesses of all sizes.
31,980 AR experiences
114,324 Scans per day
Latest Blog Posts
- AR Code Object Capture App: 3D Scanning and AR QR Code Generation on iOS 17
- Boost User Engagement with Custom Links on AR Code
- How to Create a Customized AR Code Experience?
- AR Portals' 3D Models in GLB and USDZ Formats
- 3DQR vs AR Code: A Comparative Study of QR Code-Based Augmented Reality Solutions
- How to Manage the File Size Limitation for 3D Models on AR Code ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to make a 3D Model optimized for Augmented Reality with AR Code?
- AR Code's Support for Texture Formats in Augmented Reality Rendering
- AR Codes are Automatically Compatible with the Apple Vision Pro and its VisionOS
- Apple Vision Pro Headset Details and its 3D Models USDZ & GLB via an AR Code
- AR FaceTime on the Apple Vision Pro Headset at WWDC 2023
- App Clip Codes and Apple Vision Codes: anchoring Augmented Reality Experiences on iOS 17 and visionOS
- How AR QR Codes in Books and Magazines are Transforming the Reading Experience
- Blippar VS AR Code: WebAR SaaS Platforms Compared
- Digitalizing Restaurant Menus with Augmented Reality QR Codes
- Furniture AR Codes and Their 3D Models in GLB & USDZ Formats
- Brands' AR Logos and Their GLB & USDZ 3D Models
- 8thWall VS AR Code: Comparing WebAR SaaS for Your Business
- Apple Vision Code: The Future of AR and QR Codes on visionOS
- Scan AR Codes to Display Products from an Online Store in Augmented Reality
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ and AR QR Codes of Concept Cars and Auto Parts
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ
- How Do I Scan AR Codes?
- AR QR Codes: The Future of Interactive Advertising
- AR Video: Play Videos Over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- How AR Code is going to Transform Industrial and Manufacturing Companies
- How to add Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- How to Track and Retarget Users from your AR QR Code Experiences?
- AR Code Technology, The Future of Museums and Art exhibitions
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to Display a 3D Scan Photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- AR Logo, to Automatically Design 3D logos from SVG image files
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- Uploading 3D Models on AR Code, What File Size and Format?
- Metaverse, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality: Apple's and Meta's plans
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ of Museum Artworks and Their AR Codes
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Corporate Product Catalogs
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- Decorative Vases: downloadable 3D Models GLB & USDZ with corresponding AR Codes
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR 3D Photo on AR Code
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Sports Centers
- Industrial 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR Codes: Equipment, Tools and Machines
- Educational 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR QR Codes: Enhancing Learning for Students
- Marketing Agencies can easily offer AR Solutions using AR Code
- AR QR Codes for Event Promotional Materials: Brochures, Posters, or Flyers
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- 3D NFTs can be viewed in Augmented Reality with an AR QR Code
- Augmented Reality Glasses to Replace Smartphones Within 10 Years ?
- AR Codes: How They Work & Applications in Education