Saturday 13th of June 2020 09:11:36 AM |
Educational methods are constantly changing, but not as fast as technology does. With augmented reality technologies, the whole educational process will gradually change for future generations.
How new technologies changed education?
It is undeniable that students are attuned to new technologies, they are all equipped from an early age with smartphones, computers, video game consoles, and use social networks in their daily lives.
Students are attracted to new technologies, and the AR Code concept is quickly adopted by young generations. By implementing AR Code in an educational project, teachers can present concepts visually and in an interactive manner.
AR Code in today’s educational system
AR Code is a new technology that allows users to interact in real-time with 3D content in their environment. Users can add 3D interactive content to their surroundings by scanning an AR QR Code.
You can scan an AR QR Code by default with an iOS or Android device. AR Codes can be printed on a brochure, a showcase, a packaging or an educational book… Pointing your device at the code will download the digital content, then you'll be able to interact with the 3D model, video, sound, game, or information that appears in augmented reality on your device's screen. The process takes a few seconds.
In an educative project an AR Code could be:
- used to display games such as 3D logic games and 3D puzzles at elementary schools.
- used to show fauna and flora in science courses.
- used in biology class to display the organs of the human body and their functions.
- used to display complex space geometry data at the university.
Here is an example of an augmented reality DNA molecule:
AR Code could also help with the distribution of knowledge through video or holograms. Regarding professional education, AR Codes could be introduced for industrial learning, so that students could observe the operation of machinery or a more expert explanation via a video.
How can AR QR Codes transform education?
The use of augmented reality in education can be advantageous for both students and instructors. AR is particularly useful as a learning tool, as it provides students with access to visual information, which can be presented in many different interactive ways.
As this method relies on mobile devices, it is accessible to students. It allows them more self-learning opportunities: during class, on vacation, at home, etc. Adapting AR Code in current educational systems enhances learning performance.
8311 AR experiences
1,285 Scans per day
Top Blog Posts
- How do I scan AR Codes?
- AR QR Codes: the future of Interactive Advertising
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR photo on AR Code
- What are Custom Pages & How to create one ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- AR Video: play videos over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- AR Code technology, the future of Museums and Art exhibitions
- What is the difference between a QR Code and an AR Code?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- AR Codes: How they work & applications in education
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- How to use Augmented Reality Codes in Real Estate business?
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in sports centers
- How Augmented Reality Codes can make our Cities Smarter
- AR Logo, to automatically design 3D logos from SVG image files
- How to add Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- Uploading 3D models on AR Code, what File Size and Format?
- How to create "Text to AR" experiences with the AR Text app by AR Code?
- How to display a 3D scan photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- How to track and retarget users from your AR QR Code experiences?
- Here is how AR Code is going to transform industrial and manufacturing companies
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ
- Scan AR Codes to display products from an online store in Augmented Reality