Monday 22nd of November 2021 09:53:30 AM |
AR Portals are immersive augmented reality experiences that can meet many business needs, especially those of companies that need to immerse their prospect in their product or service before the act of buying.
The real estate industry and the tourism industry are directly concerned, but many other businesses such as museums, leisure places, shops, public places can also improve their marketability with an Augmented Reality Portal.
What is an immersive augmented reality experience?
AR stands for Augmented Reality, a computer technology that combines the recognition of the environment and the projection of related data into the user's field of view. The most common uses of AR technology now go through the smartphone interface, but this technology is slowly evolving into a new type of device that is expected to make AR experiences more stunning: augmented reality glasses or headsets.
There are various types of augmented reality experiences. Some of the most popular augmented reality experiences use social media augmented reality filters that add 3D models around your face. Instagram and Snapchat are the main platforms offering this type of augmented reality experience (You can use an AR Code with this type of AR experience.).
Immersive augmented reality experiences are the ones that completely surround a user's field of vision and create a "another world" feelhing. This meta world is now commonly called "Metaverse".
What is an AR Portal? How does it work?
An AR Portal is a virtual space where users enter to explore the metaverse. To better understand it, here is an example of an AR Portal created with AR Code:
Why to anchor an AR Portal?
To experience an AR Portal, the user must perform one of three basic tasks: use an AR device, click on an AR app, or interact with an AR anchor in the real world.
An AR Portal can be set via location, image recognition, or AR Code. In the case of an AR QR code, there is no need for a third app use.
Here's an example of an AR Portal that can be accessed via an AR Code: You can let your readers explore the AR Portal of a hotel spa or the room they will be sleeping in:
In a world where everyone wears AR glasses, it will be common for people to scan the AR Code on a product's packaging with their glasses and access AR content.
Tutorial: How to create an AR Portal?
To create AR Portals, we developed two designer interfaces: a web interface and an iOS mobile app. Here are some examples of how they look.
AR Portal iOS mobile app
The iOS AR Portal mobile app is easy to use https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ar-portal/id1585482493 :
- Download and launch it
- Click on the "360 photo" download button
- Here you will get the details on how you should take your 360 photo (via Google Street View mobile app or 360 camera).
- Upload it
- Click on the "AR Rendering" button
- Once you've created your portal, you can access its AR Code by clicking on the QR Code icon in the list.
AR Portal creation web interface
The AR Portal web application is available on the web at https://ar-code.com :
- Sign up for a free or paid account on AR Code
- Click on the AR Portal experience type
- Follow the instructions to create your 360 photo
- Upload it
- Generate your AR Code
AR Portal examples
7476 AR experiences
1,123 Scans per day
Top Blog Posts
- How do I scan AR Codes?
- AR QR Codes: the future of Interactive Advertising
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR photo on AR Code
- AR Code technology, the future of Museums and Art exhibitions
- What is the difference between a QR Code and an AR Code?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- AR Codes: How they work & applications in education
- AR Video: play videos over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- How to use Augmented Reality Codes in Real Estate business?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in sports centers
- How Augmented Reality Codes can make our Cities Smarter
- AR Logo, to automatically design 3D logos from SVG image files
- Uploading 3D models on AR Code, what File Size and Format?
- How to create "Text to AR" experiences with the AR Text app by AR Code?
- How to add Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- How to display a 3D scan photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- How to track and retarget users from your AR QR Code experiences?
- What are Custom Pages & How to create one ?
- Here is how AR Code is going to transform industrial and manufacturing companies
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ