Uploading 3D Models on AR Code, What File Size and Format?
AR Code Tech | Wednesday 1st of March 2023 08:13:17 AM |
AR Code is a platform offering a straightforward and efficient way to host and manage your 3D files, enabling you to design and share captivating AR experiences with your target audience.
Upload your 3D files to the AR Code interface and create tailor-made AR Code experiences accessible anywhere through a QR Code scan without the need for any additional app.
Uploading 3D files on AR Code
For premium accounts, there are no 3D file size limitations during the uploading process. However, if your file size exceeds 15MB, the upload must be carried out via our dedicated support.
Before uploading any file, we recommend users to read and watch this tutorial for optimal AR experience results on AR Code: VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
The following file formats can be automatically uploaded on our platform: .GLB, .PLY, .STL, .FBX, .OBJ, .X3D, .GLTF, or .ZIP including the 3D file and texture paths.
For other 3D file formats, such as * .DAE, * .ABC, * .USDZ, please follow our video tutorial or proceed through our dedicated support.
3D models upload recommendations
To ensure the best user experience, we recommend that the 3D files uploaded to the platform have a total size of less than 10MB (10MB => 10s loading time with 4G / 5G / Wifi). It's crucial to minimize the size of your 3D file before uploading it to create a seamless experience.
If the model is larger than 10MB, you may experience unusual delays when accessing your 3D model on our platform. Try reducing the texture size and the number of vertices in your 3D model before uploading it.
If your 3D model is larger than 15MB, please use the support email to process the upload. We can assist you in compressing your file by optimizing vertices and textures to achieve the best AR Code experience. We will also ensure a smooth upload process and inform you of any issues encountered during the posting process.
Frequently asked questions
Are there any 3D file size restrictions on uploading to AR Code?
There are no 3D file size restrictions on uploading for premium accounts. However, if your file size exceeds 15MB, the upload must be done via our dedicated support.
What file formats are accepted by AR Code for automatic uploading?
The following file formats can be automatically uploaded on our platform: .GLB, .PLY, .STL, .FBX, .OBJ, .X3D, .GLTF, or .ZIP including the 3D file and textures paths. For other 3D file formats such as .DAE, .ABC, .USDZ, etc., please follow our video tutorial or contact our dedicated support.
What are the recommended upload size and format for 3D models on AR Code?
To provide the best experience for your end users, we recommend that the 3D files uploaded to the platform have a total size of less than 10MB. If the model is larger than 10MB, we suggest reducing the textures size and number of vertices of your 3D model before uploading it. If your 3D model is larger than 15MB, please use the support email to process the upload. We can help you compress your file by working on vertices and textures to get the best result from an AR Code experience. We'll also make sure your upload goes smoothly and can let you know of any issues during the posting process.
23,886 AR experiences
87,895 Scans per day
Top Blog Posts
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- How Do I Scan AR Codes?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- AR Video: Play Videos Over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- AR QR Codes: The Future of Interactive Advertising
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR 3D Photo on AR Code
- What are Custom Pages & How to create one?
- What is the difference between a QR Code and an AR Code?
- AR Code Technology, The Future of Museums and Art exhibitions
- AR Codes: How They Work & Applications in Education
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- How to add Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- How to use Augmented Reality Codes in Real Estate business?
- AR Logo, to Automatically Design 3D logos from SVG image files
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to Display a 3D Scan Photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- Uploading 3D Models on AR Code, What File Size and Format?
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Sports Centers
- How to create "Text to AR" experiences with the AR Text app by AR Code?
- How Augmented Reality Codes Can Make our Cities Smarter ?
- How AR Code is going to Transform Industrial and Manufacturing Companies
- How to Track and Retarget Users from your AR QR Code Experiences?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- AR Codes on Packaging to Display 3D Animations, Videos, or Data in Augmented Reality
- Scan AR Codes to Display Products from an Online Store in Augmented Reality
- AR QR Codes for Event Promotional Materials: Brochures, Posters, or Flyers
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ and AR QR Codes of Concept Cars and Auto Parts
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ of Museum Artworks and Their AR Codes
- Apple to Release Augmented Reality Headset in Spring 2023
- Enhancing Sports Events with AR Code: bring the FIFA World Cup to life
- Educational 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR QR Codes: Enhancing Learning for Students
- Industrial 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR Codes: Equipment, Tools and Machines
- 3D NFTs can be viewed in Augmented Reality with an AR QR Code
- Celebrating Christmas with Augmented Reality Codes
- Brands' AR Logos and Their GLB & USDZ 3D Models
- Apple Reality Code: The Future of AR and QR Codes on RealityOS
- Metaverse, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality: Apple's and Meta's plans
- Augmented Reality Glasses to Replace Smartphones Within 10 Years ?
- Decorative Vases: downloadable 3D Models GLB & USDZ with corresponding AR Codes
- Marketing Agencies can easily offer AR Solutions using AR Code
- Augmented Reality QR Codes Enhance Collaborative Product Design
- Furniture AR Codes and Their 3D Models in GLB & USDZ Formats
- Digitalizing Restaurant Menus with Augmented Reality QR Codes
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Corporate Product Catalogs
- 8thWall VS AR Code: Comparing WebAR SaaS for Your Business
- App Clip Codes and Apple Reality Codes: anchoring Augmented Reality Experiences on iOS 17 and RealityOS
- How AR QR Codes in Books and Magazines are Transforming the Reading Experience
- Blippar VS AR Code: WebAR SaaS Platforms Compared
- AR FaceTime on the Apple Reality Pro Headset at WWDC 2023
For great Augmented Reality experiences, use devices with LiDAR sensors like the iPhone Pro: