AR Code Tech | Tuesday 13th of December 2022 07:55:49 AM |
Using AR Codes in product design can improve collaboration among team members.
By placing AR Codes on prototypes or designs, team members can easily access and view 3D content in augmented reality with a smartphone, without the need for a dedicated APP. This can facilitate remote collaboration and make it easier for team members to share and discuss their ideas and provide real-time feedback.
AR Code to help collaborative team design
Product design is a team effort, it involves input and collaboration from a range of people with different skills and expertise.
The exact makeup of a product design team can vary depending on the specific product and the needs of the project, but it may include people with backgrounds in engineering, industrial design, user experience design, graphic design, and other relevant fields.
The team may also include project managers, researchers, and other people who can contribute to the design process in different ways. Collaboration and communication are important for successful product design, as different team members bring their own perspectives and expertise to the table.
It is possible for a design team, to share a 3D creation using AR Code, providing a more immersive and interactive way to view and to check the 3D model. This can be a useful tool for product designers, 3D artists, and other 3D creators working on a professional design to share their work in a more engaging and dynamic way.
3D modeling is essential in industrial product design
3D modeling is the process of creating a 3 dimensional representation of an object using specialized 3D software. In industrial product design, 3D modeling allows designers to visualize and test their ideas before creating a physical prototype. This can save time and resources, and can help ensure that the final product meets the desired specifications.
There are many different types of 3D modeling software available with a commercial licence or for free, each with its own strengths and limitations. Some common types of 3D modeling software used in product design include CAD software, solid modeling software, and polygonal modeling software. Here are some of the best 3D software for professional designers: Blender, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Houdini, Cinema 4D, Modo, Fusion 360 Autodesk, Solidworks, CorelCAD, AutoCAD, Tinkercad, FreeCAD, SketchUp, Bentley, LibreCAD, IRONCAD, Solid Edge, SOLVESPACE, BRL-CAD, Rhino, Siemens NX, QCAD, PTC , CATIA or OpenSCAD.
3D modeling is an important tool for product designers, as it allows them to create accurate and detailed representations of their designs and test them in a virtual environment before moving on to physical prototypes. This can help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the product development process.
Sharing the 3D creation with colleagues needs a common AR viewing tool
Augmented Reality is a technology that superimposes 3D digital content on top of the real world. With AR, you can view and interact with 3D models in a way that feels more immersive and lifelike than viewing them on a screen.
To share a 3D creation using AR Code, you would first need to create the 3D model using 3D modeling software. This might involve using a CAD software first, depending on the specific requirements of the project. Once the 3D model has been created, it can be exported in a format that is compatible with AR Code technology following this tutorial.
To view the 3D model using AR Code, you would need a device with AR capabilities, such as a smartphone, a tablet or an AR headset. You can then scan the AR Code anywhere to view the 3D model in the real world. Here are more details on how to scan an AR QR Code.
AR Code to display a 3D model for teamwork
By using AR Code, team members can view and interact with 3D models in a way that feels more immersive and lifelike than viewing them on a screen. This can make it easier for team members to understand complex designs and provide feedback, leading to better collaboration and communication.
AR Code can also facilitate remote collaboration, allowing team members to work together even if they are not in the same physical location. They have to scan the same AR Code at the same moment.
AR QR Codes can anchor 3D models to documents for easy sharing
Here is a video showing a CAD model conversion and its Augmented Reality display with an AR Code:
AR QR codes can be used to anchor 3D models to work aids or documents, making it easy to share them in augmented reality. By attaching an AR QR code to a document, team members can easily access and view the associated 3D model using a smartphone or other device with AR capabilities. This can provide a more interactive way to view and discuss the 3D model, facilitating collaboration and communication among team members and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the team's workflow.
19,414 AR experiences
20,584 Scans per day
Top Blog Posts
- How do I scan AR Codes?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- AR QR Codes: The Future of Interactive Advertising
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR photo on AR Code
- AR Video: play videos over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- What are Custom Pages & How to create one ?
- What is the difference between a QR Code and an AR Code?
- AR Code technology, the future of Museums and Art exhibitions
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- AR Codes: How they work & applications in education
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- How to use Augmented Reality Codes in Real Estate business?
- How to add Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Sports Centers
- AR Logo, to automatically design 3D logos from SVG image files
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to display a 3D scan photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- Uploading 3D models on AR Code, what File Size and Format?
- How Augmented Reality Codes can make our Cities Smarter
- How to create "Text to AR" experiences with the AR Text app by AR Code?
- How to track and retarget users from your AR QR Code experiences?
- Here is how AR Code is going to transform industrial and manufacturing companies
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ
- Scan AR Codes to display products from an online store in Augmented Reality
- AR Codes on packaging to display 3D animations, videos, or data in Augmented Reality
- Enhancing Sports Events with AR Code: bring the FIFA World Cup to life
- 3D NFTs can be viewed in Augmented Reality with an AR QR Code
- Celebrating Christmas with Augmented Reality Codes
- Augmented Reality Codes enhance collaborative product design
- Apple to Release Augmented Reality Headset in spring 2023
- Marketing Agencies can easily offer AR Solutions using AR Code
- AR QR Codes for Event Promotional Materials: Brochures, Posters, or Flyers
- Augmented Reality Glasses to Replace Smartphones Within 10 Years ?