Augmented Reality QR Codes Enhance Collaborative Product Design
AR Code Tech | Thursday 2nd of February 2023 07:55:49 AM |
Collaboration is crucial for any project's success, and product design is no exception. However, traditional collaboration methods can be complicated, time-consuming, and costly. Fortunately, with the advent of AR Codes, there is a new, cost-effective, and efficient way to enhance collaboration in product design.
By embedding AR Codes on prototypes or designs, team members can now access 3D content in augmented reality on their smartphones without requiring a dedicated app. This technology facilitates remote collaboration, encourages idea sharing, and enables real-time feedback, making the design process more effective and enjoyable. In this blog post, we will delve into how AR Codes can transform product design collaboration and discuss the advantages of this technology over traditional collaboration methods.
Optimize teamwork in design with AR Codes
Product design demands teamwork, drawing on input and collaboration from professionals with various skills and expertise.
A product design team's composition may differ based on the specific product and project requirements, potentially encompassing engineers, industrial designers, user experience designers, graphic designers, and other relevant professionals.
Project managers, researchers, and others who contribute to the design process in various ways may also be involved. Successful product design hinges on collaboration and communication, as diverse team members contribute unique perspectives and expertise.
Design teams can employ AR Codes to share 3D creations, offering a more immersive and interactive method for viewing and evaluating 3D models. This proves invaluable for product designers, 3D artists, and other 3D creators who wish to share their work in a dynamic and engaging manner.
3D modeling: a vital component in industrial product design
3D modeling involves creating a three-dimensional representation of an object using specialized 3D software. In industrial product design, 3D modeling enables designers to visualize and test their ideas before producing a physical prototype, saving time and resources while ensuring the final product meets desired specifications.
Numerous types of 3D modeling software are available, both commercially and for free, each with its own advantages and limitations. Some popular types of 3D modeling software used in product design include CAD software, solid modeling software, and polygonal modeling software. Some of the top 3D software for professional designers include Blender, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Houdini, Cinema 4D, Modo, Fusion 360 Autodesk, Solidworks, CorelCAD, AutoCAD, Tinkercad, FreeCAD, SketchUp, Bentley, LibreCAD, IRONCAD, Solid Edge, SOLVESPACE, BRL-CAD, Rhino, Siemens NX, QCAD, PTC, CATIA, and OpenSCAD.
3D modeling is an indispensable tool for product designers, as it allows them to create accurate and detailed representations of their designs and test them in a virtual environment before transitioning to physical prototypes. This improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the product development process.
Utilizing a unified AR viewing tool for sharing 3D creations with colleagues
Augmented Reality (AR) technology overlays 3D digital content onto the real world, allowing users to view and interact with 3D models in a more immersive and realistic way compared to screen-based viewing.
To share a 3D creation using an AR Code, first create the 3D model using 3D modeling software, possibly incorporating CAD software depending on the project's specific requirements. Once the 3D model is complete, export it in a format compatible with AR Code technology, following this tutorial.
To view the 3D model using an AR Code, you'll need an AR-capable device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or AR headset. You can then scan the AR Code anywhere to view the 3D model in the real world. Here's more information on how to scan an AR QR Code.
Using AR Codes to display 3D models for collaborative teamwork
AR Codes allow team members to view and interact with 3D models in a more immersive and lifelike manner than screen-based viewing, fostering better understanding of complex designs and promoting feedback, collaboration, and communication.
AR Codes enable seamless remote collaboration, allowing team members to work together even when they're not in the same physical location. To collaborate, they simply need to scan the same AR Code simultaneously.
Effortlessly Share 3D Models with AR QR Codes Anchored to Documents
Check out this video demonstrating the conversion of a CAD model and its Augmented Reality display using an AR Code:
Utilizing AR QR Codes to anchor 3D models to documents or work aids streamlines the sharing process in augmented reality. By attaching an AR QR Code to a document, team members can quickly access and view the linked 3D model using a smartphone or other AR-enabled device. This innovative approach offers a more interactive way to examine and discuss 3D models, enhancing collaboration and communication among team members while boosting the effectiveness and efficiency of their workflow.
Frequently asked questions
How do AR Codes enhance collaboration in product design?
AR Codes enable team members to easily view and interact with 3D models in augmented reality using their smartphones, fostering better understanding of complex designs, promoting feedback, collaboration, and communication, and facilitating seamless remote collaboration.
How do I create and share a 3D model using an AR Code?
First, create a 3D model using 3D modeling software, then export it in a format compatible with AR Code technology. Attach the AR Code to a document or work aid, and team members can scan it using an AR-capable device like a smartphone or tablet to view and interact with the 3D model in augmented reality.
What devices can be used to view 3D models through AR Codes?
Any AR-capable device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or AR headset, can be used to scan and view 3D models through AR Codes.
What are the benefits of using AR Codes for viewing 3D models compared to screen-based viewing?
AR Codes offer a more immersive and lifelike experience, allowing users to view and interact with 3D models in a real-world context. This can lead to better understanding of complex designs and improved communication among team members, ultimately enhancing collaboration and efficiency.
Can AR Codes be used for remote collaboration?
Yes, AR Codes enable seamless remote collaboration by allowing team members to work together and view 3D models in augmented reality, even when they're not in the same physical location. They simply need to scan the same AR Code simultaneously to collaborate.
23,886 AR experiences
87,906 Scans per day
Top Blog Posts
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- How Do I Scan AR Codes?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- AR Video: Play Videos Over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- AR QR Codes: The Future of Interactive Advertising
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR 3D Photo on AR Code
- What are Custom Pages & How to create one?
- What is the difference between a QR Code and an AR Code?
- AR Code Technology, The Future of Museums and Art exhibitions
- AR Codes: How They Work & Applications in Education
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- How to add Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- How to use Augmented Reality Codes in Real Estate business?
- AR Logo, to Automatically Design 3D logos from SVG image files
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to Display a 3D Scan Photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- Uploading 3D Models on AR Code, What File Size and Format?
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Sports Centers
- How to create "Text to AR" experiences with the AR Text app by AR Code?
- How Augmented Reality Codes Can Make our Cities Smarter ?
- How AR Code is going to Transform Industrial and Manufacturing Companies
- How to Track and Retarget Users from your AR QR Code Experiences?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- AR Codes on Packaging to Display 3D Animations, Videos, or Data in Augmented Reality
- Scan AR Codes to Display Products from an Online Store in Augmented Reality
- AR QR Codes for Event Promotional Materials: Brochures, Posters, or Flyers
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ and AR QR Codes of Concept Cars and Auto Parts
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ of Museum Artworks and Their AR Codes
- Apple to Release Augmented Reality Headset in Spring 2023
- Enhancing Sports Events with AR Code: bring the FIFA World Cup to life
- Educational 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR QR Codes: Enhancing Learning for Students
- Industrial 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR Codes: Equipment, Tools and Machines
- 3D NFTs can be viewed in Augmented Reality with an AR QR Code
- Celebrating Christmas with Augmented Reality Codes
- Brands' AR Logos and Their GLB & USDZ 3D Models
- Apple Reality Code: The Future of AR and QR Codes on RealityOS
- Metaverse, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality: Apple's and Meta's plans
- Augmented Reality Glasses to Replace Smartphones Within 10 Years ?
- Decorative Vases: downloadable 3D Models GLB & USDZ with corresponding AR Codes
- Marketing Agencies can easily offer AR Solutions using AR Code
- Augmented Reality QR Codes Enhance Collaborative Product Design
- Digitalizing Restaurant Menus with Augmented Reality QR Codes
- Furniture AR Codes and Their 3D Models in GLB & USDZ Formats
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Corporate Product Catalogs
- 8thWall VS AR Code: Comparing WebAR SaaS for Your Business
- App Clip Codes and Apple Reality Codes: anchoring Augmented Reality Experiences on iOS 17 and RealityOS
- How AR QR Codes in Books and Magazines are Transforming the Reading Experience
- Blippar VS AR Code: WebAR SaaS Platforms Compared
- AR FaceTime on the Apple Reality Pro Headset at WWDC 2023
For great Augmented Reality experiences, use devices with LiDAR sensors like the iPhone Pro: