Thursday 10th of February 2022 03:38:49 PM |
Augmented Reality is technology that allows you to view digital content in the real world around you. This visual technology is today mostly available through smartphones and is starting to be introduced in 2022 with augmented reality glasses.
The content you see on an AR device is mainly 3D creations, games and models that are superimposed on the real world. Classic media content can also be seen on an AR device, such as texts, images, or videos.
Augmented Reality and Metaverse are disrupting the digital content world
3D games, as well as social media filters, was among the most popular uses of Augmented Reality in 2021. The Metaverse trend that started after Mark Zuckerberg announced Facebook's AR strategy, has prompted individuals and businesses to focus more on these XR technologies.
Today, more and more people and businesses are understanding the potential of 2D content in AR. The common thinking that you don’t need to play an AR Video if you can display the same video on your phone screen is changing.
People also discovered that it will be necessary to have AR Videos on augmented reality glasses.
AR Videos on smartphones can however give significant impacts:
- AR is a surprisingly fun way to view videos.
- Perfect for an advertisement, the viewer would be likely to watch this video over and over.
- A type of augmented reality (AR) experience that can be shared through a simple code
- Thanks to the AR Code, you can anchor the video on a particular surface (Product packaging, Showcase, Screen,...) and then move around to interact with your content.
AR QR Codes: the future of marketing
AR Code is a technology that allows you to anchor virtual content to the real world, bringing entertainment and education to your everyday life. The AR Code experiences can be displayed without a third-party app.
The AR Code platform allows you to create a variety of AR experiences:
- AR Text, to create immersive 3D Texts
- AR Photo, to generate 3D photos or documents
- AR Portal, to immerse the user in a 360 photo
- Text flyover, to display remote data on an AR Code
- AR Filter, to anchor the AR experiences of social networks behind an AR QR Code
- AR Video
- AR Logo, to create 3D logos from SVG images
- 3D files upload, to display your own 3D models
You can track and manage these experiences using the platform’s advanced tracking tools.
AR Videos and how they work on AR Code
AR Videos can be viewed without an app on any smartphone or tablet, with an operating system corresponding to the following versions : Android>4.4 and iOS>11.0
Indeed AR Videos are managed with WebAR technology. Using AR.js, THREE.js, and A-Frame libraries, it create an augmented reality video experience using a marker associated with the AR Code.
The AR.js and A-Frame frameworks are popular tools for creating virtual reality experiences, and three.js is a 3D graphics library for WebGL content.
The video is rendered flying over the augmented reality QR Code and can be seen by pointing a smartphone at it.
The AR Code cloud manages the video stream, it has been optimized for .mp4 and .mov file formats. When you upload video files, we analyze them, compress them and convert them to the optimal size and resolution for augmented reality.
TUTORIAL: How to make your own AR Video anchored with an AR Code?
Creating an AR Video on AR Code is quick and easy. You'll need to have opened an AR Code STANDARD or PRO account to access this feature.
Then please follow these instructions:
- Click on the type of experience “AR Video”
- Upload a video file in .mp4 or .mov format, with a file size no more than 100Mb.
- Once the upload is complete, click on “Create” to generate your AR Code.
Tip: The larger the printed AR Code, the better your AR Video experience will be.
6109 AR experiences
908 Scans per day
Top Blog Posts
- How do I scan AR Codes?
- AR QR Codes: the future of Interactive Advertising
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR photo on AR Code
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- AR Code technology & the future of Museums
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- What is the difference between a QR Code and an AR Code?
- AR Codes: How they work & applications in education
- How to use Augmented Reality Codes in Real Estate business?
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in sports centers
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- How Augmented Reality Codes can make our Cities Smarter
- AR Video: play videos over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- AR Logo, to automatically design 3D logos from SVG image files
- How to create "Text to AR" experiences with the AR Text app by AR Code?
- Uploading 3D models on AR Code, what File Size and Format?
- How to track and retarget users from your AR QR Code experiences?
- What are Custom Pages & How to create one ?
- How to display a 3D scan photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- Here is how AR Code is going to transform industrial companies and manufacturing
- How to implement Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?