AR Code Tech | 06/11/2023 |
Augmented Reality is a technology that allows digital content to be displayed in the real world. Currently, AR is mainly accessed through smartphones, but the introduction of augmented reality glasses in 2023 has expanded its reach.
AR devices typically display 3D models, games, or animations that are superimposed onto the real world. However, traditional media content such as text, images, and videos can also be displayed using AR.
Augmented Reality Videos
In 2023, some of the most popular applications of Augmented Reality were games and social media filters. The growing interest in the Metaverse – a trend that gained momentum after Mark Zuckerberg announced Facebook Meta's AR strategy – has led individuals and businesses to increasingly focus on Augmented Reality technologies.
Today, more people and businesses are recognizing the potential of 2D content in AR. The notion that displaying a video on a phone screen is sufficient has evolved, and AR Videos are now seen as a necessary component for augmented reality glasses.
AR Videos on smartphones offer significant benefits:
- AR provides an enjoyable and novel way to view videos.
- They are ideal for advertising, as viewers are more likely to watch AR videos repeatedly.
- AR experiences can be easily shared through a simple code.
- With AR Code, videos can be anchored to a specific surface such as product packaging, showcases, or screens, and users can move around to interact with the content.
AR Videos with AR Code
AR Videos can be viewed without an app on any smartphone or tablet with an operating system corresponding to the following versions: Android 4.4 and later, iOS 11.0 and later. This is made possible by WebAR technology, which utilizes AR.js, THREE.js, and A-Frame libraries to create an augmented reality video experience using a marker associated with the AR Code.
The AR.js and A-Frame frameworks are popular tools for creating virtual reality experiences, and three.js is a 3D graphics library for WebGL content.
The video is rendered floating above the augmented reality QR Code and can be seen by pointing a smartphone at it.
The AR Code cloud manages the video stream, optimizing it for .mp4 and .mov file formats. When you upload video files, they are analyzed, compressed, and converted to the optimal size and resolution for augmented reality.
Meta Quest 3 and AR Code Revolutionize AR Videos
The Meta Quest 3 and AR Code technology have revolutionized AR video content, offering impressive immersive AR experiences. While direct QR Code scanning is on the horizon, AR Code ensures future compatibility with AR headsets from Apple, Google, Samsung, and Meta, including their Quest Pro and 3 models.
AR Videos on the Meta Quest 3 provide unmatched interactivity, making advertising, storytelling, and presentations engaging and memorable.
Tutorial: How to Create Your Own AR Video Anchored with an AR Code?
Creating an AR Video on AR Code is quick and easy. You'll need to have opened an AR Code STANDARD or PRO account to access this feature.
Follow these instructions:
- Click on the type of experience "AR Video".
- Upload a video file in .mp4 or .mov format, with a file size no more than 100MB.
- Once the upload is complete, click on "Create" to generate your AR Code.
Tip: The larger the printed AR Code, the better your AR Video experience will be.
AR QR Codes: The Future of Marketing
AR Code technology enables the anchoring of virtual content to the real world, enriching entertainment and educational experiences in everyday life. AR Code experiences can be accessed without the need for a third-party app.
The AR Code platform allows users to create a variety of AR experiences:
- AR Text, for creating immersive 3D texts
- AR Photo, for generating 3D photos or documents
- AR Portal, for immersing users in a 360-degree photo
- Text flyover, for displaying remote data on an AR Code
- AR Filter, for anchoring AR experiences of social networks behind an AR QR Code
- AR Video
- AR Logo, for creating 3D logos from SVG images
- 3D file upload, for displaying your own 3D models
You can track and manage these experiences using the platform's advanced tracking tools.
Frequently asked questions
How do AR Videos work on AR Code?
AR Videos can be viewed on any smartphone or tablet with an operating system corresponding to versions Android 4.4 and later, iOS 11.0 and later, using WebAR technology. AR.js, THREE.js, and A-Frame libraries create an augmented reality video experience using a marker associated with the AR Code. The video is rendered floating above the augmented reality QR Code and can be seen by pointing a smartphone at it.
How can I make my own AR Video anchored with an AR Code?
To make your own AR Video anchored with an AR Code, you need to have opened an AR Code STANDARD or PRO account to access this feature. Upload a video file in .mp4 or .mov format, with a file size no more than 100MB, and click on "Create" to generate your AR Code. The larger the printed AR Code, the better your AR Video experience will be.
44,162 AR experiences
153,946 Scans per day
Latest Blog Posts
- Digital Transformation of Museums with AI QR Codes
- AR Code's 3D Modeling Apps for the Apple Vision Pro
- Tutorial on Leveraging the AR Code API Key
- Comprehensive Guide to AR Code SaaS Plans and Licenses
- AI Code: Augment Reality Using AI Assistance Through AR QR Codes
- Display Remote Text Data on an AR QR Code with the Flying Text Feature and Its API
- Boosting Social Media Engagement: AR Code's AR Filter Feature for Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook
- AR Videos on the Meta Quest 3 with AR Code: A New Dimension of Immersive Advertising
- Transforming Beverage Packaging Advertising with AR QR Codes
- AR Code on the Meta Quest 3: Enhancing Visualization of 3D Models in Augmented Reality
- AR Code Object Capture App: 3D Scanning and AR QR Code Generation on iOS 17
- Boost User Engagement with Custom Links on AR Code
- How to Create a Customized AR Code Experience?
- AR Portals' 3D Models in GLB and USDZ Formats
- 3DQR vs AR Code: A Comparative Study of QR Code-Based Augmented Reality Solutions
- How to Manage the File Size Limitation for 3D Models on AR Code ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to make a 3D Model optimized for Augmented Reality with AR Code?
- AR Code's Support for Texture Formats in Augmented Reality Rendering
- AR Codes are Automatically Compatible with the Apple Vision Pro and its VisionOS
- Apple Vision Pro Headset Details and its 3D Models USDZ & GLB via an AR Code
- AR FaceTime on the Apple Vision Pro Headset
- App Clip Codes and Apple Vision Codes: anchoring Augmented Reality Experiences on iOS 17 and visionOS
- How AR QR Codes in Books and Magazines are Transforming the Reading Experience
- Blippar VS AR Code: WebAR SaaS Platforms Compared
- Digitalizing Restaurant Menus with Augmented Reality QR Codes
- Furniture AR Codes and Their 3D Models in GLB & USDZ Formats
- Brands' AR Logos and Their GLB & USDZ 3D Models
- 8thWall VS AR Code: Comparing WebAR SaaS for Your Business
- Apple Vision Code: The Future of AR and QR Codes on visionOS
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ and AR QR Codes of Concept Cars and Auto Parts
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Corporate Product Catalogs
- Industrial 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR Codes: Equipment, Tools and Machines
- Educational 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR QR Codes: Enhancing Learning for Students
- Metaverse, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality: Apple's and Meta's plans
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ of Museum Artworks and Their AR Codes
- Decorative Vases: downloadable 3D Models GLB & USDZ with corresponding AR Codes
- AR QR Codes for Event Promotional Materials: Brochures, Posters, or Flyers
- Augmented Reality Glasses to Replace Smartphones Within 10 Years ?
- Marketing Agencies can easily offer AR Solutions using AR Code
- Apple Vision Pro Headset: A New Era of Augmented Reality
- Celebrating Christmas with Augmented Reality Codes
- Enhancing Sports Events with AR Code: bring the FIFA World Cup to life
- Augmented Reality QR Codes Enhance Collaborative Product Design
- 3D NFTs can be viewed in Augmented Reality with an AR QR Code
- AR Codes on Packaging to Display 3D Animations, Videos, or Data in Augmented Reality
- Scan AR Codes to Display Products from an Online Store in Augmented Reality
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to Display a 3D Scan Photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code