VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
Thursday 19th of November 2020 07:55:39 AM |
AR Code Studio is an online 3D editing software, it allows you to create and convert 3D files and export them in various files format. This online 3D studio is part of the AR Code project, an augmented reality cloud service that generates AR QR codes.
A .glb or a .gltf file format is necessary to upload a 3D file on AR Code. It is then automatically converted to the .usdz format on our server. More details for 3D file upload on AR Code: Uploading 3D models on AR Code, what File Size and Format?
What is your 3D file extension ?
To convert a 3D file, check its file extension first. AR Code Studio supports the following import formats: .glb, .gltf, .ply, .stl, .obj, .fbx and .dae
Does your 3D file include an animation?
AR Code Studio doesn't support animated 3D models. For animations we recommend Blender or Autodesk Maya 3D software to convert them.
What is the size of your 3D file?
AR Code Studio supports 3D files smaller than 15MB. Files larger than 15MB could cause slowdowns. To reduce the size of a 3D file, follow our TUTORIAL: VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
See below for the steps needed to convert your 3D file to .glb or .gltf
To access AR Code Studio, create a pro account on AR Code: https://ar-code.com/user/register
- Click on "Assets > Import > 3D models"
- Select your 3D file with the following extension: .glb, .gltf, .stl, .ply, .obj, .fbx or .dae
- Resize the model if necessary
- Click on "Textures" to work on the textures
- Export the .glb or .gltf file by clicking on File> Export> GLB for AR Code or GLTF for AR Code
- Generate your AR Code with this file
8311 AR experiences
1,285 Scans per day
Top Blog Posts
- How do I scan AR Codes?
- AR QR Codes: the future of Interactive Advertising
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR photo on AR Code
- What are Custom Pages & How to create one ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- AR Video: play videos over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- AR Code technology, the future of Museums and Art exhibitions
- What is the difference between a QR Code and an AR Code?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- AR Codes: How they work & applications in education
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- How to use Augmented Reality Codes in Real Estate business?
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in sports centers
- How Augmented Reality Codes can make our Cities Smarter
- AR Logo, to automatically design 3D logos from SVG image files
- How to add Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- Uploading 3D models on AR Code, what File Size and Format?
- How to create "Text to AR" experiences with the AR Text app by AR Code?
- How to display a 3D scan photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- How to track and retarget users from your AR QR Code experiences?
- Here is how AR Code is going to transform industrial and manufacturing companies
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ
- Scan AR Codes to display products from an online store in Augmented Reality