Sunday 13th of September 2020 08:32:03 AM |
The ability to access information in real time is crucial for the public's understanding of a Smart Cities world. Augmented Reality already allows for the display of interactive information via an AR Code.
With Apple and other companies set to release AR devices in the mass market, AR implementations in smart cities will be essential.
What is a Smart City?
The term "smart city" was originally used to describe an urban organization that uses technology to deliver services and solve problems. It is now a philosophy designed to create well-being for the people living in it.
A smart city offers various technological solutions for improving transportation and accessibility, refining social services, endorsing sustainability, or giving citizens a voice. The main goal of a smart city is to improve policy efficiency, decrease waste and inconvenience, expand social and economic quality, and to maximize social inclusion.
City residents are already familiar with new technologies and use smart tools to solve their problems. They will easily adapt to scanning AR QR Codes to get interactive 3D experiences.
What is an AR Code?
An AR Code is a type of barcode that contains information needed to show in a simple way a 3D object that can be reproduced in an augmented reality environment.
AR Codes can be placed on a wide variety of items, including: product packaging, business cards, books, tickets, brochures and flyers, labels and stickers, clothing, banners and posters, bottles , cans, newspapers and magazines...
AR QR codes are used in cities to display dynamic information and make the audience very receptive. As examples, they could be used at a bus stop to provide the bus schedule or on a metro system card to provide a map:
To be successful, smart cities need to use Augmented Reality solutions.
In a smart city context, AR QR Codes can be used to display Augmented Reality experiences in many ways:
- In the public transports: AR subway maps, instantaneous information on the transport network status, display of an image to advise passengers, or a video for passenger guidance, ...
- Tourism development can utilize virtual tours such as those that offer interactive experiences within museums, the promotion of some historical monuments, or full distant visits.
- To improve the employee's productivity, an augmented reality interface can be created to display information on the city's infrastructure such as the electric system, watering, cabling, and pipes.
6889 AR experiences
1,031 Scans per day
Top Blog Posts
- How do I scan AR Codes?
- AR QR Codes: the future of Interactive Advertising
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR photo on AR Code
- AR Code technology, the future of Museums and Art exhibitions
- What is the difference between a QR Code and an AR Code?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- AR Codes: How they work & applications in education
- AR Video: play videos over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- How to use Augmented Reality Codes in Real Estate business?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in sports centers
- How Augmented Reality Codes can make our Cities Smarter
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- AR Logo, to automatically design 3D logos from SVG image files
- Uploading 3D models on AR Code, what File Size and Format?
- How to create "Text to AR" experiences with the AR Text app by AR Code?
- How to track and retarget users from your AR QR Code experiences?
- How to display a 3D scan photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- What are Custom Pages & How to create one ?
- How to implement Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- Here is how AR Code is going to transform industrial companies and manufacturing
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?