AR FaceTime on the Apple Reality Pro Headset at WWDC 2023
Apple Reality | Saturday 3rd of June 2023 09:47:56 AM
Apple inc., leader in technological innovation, is consistently pushing the envelope with its flagship communication platform, FaceTime. As we stand on the brink of a "new era", Apple prepares to enhance FaceTime by integrating state-of-the-art Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality technologies. This post explores the upcoming updates and impressive improvements set to revolutionize the FaceTime experience.
App Clip Codes and Apple Reality Codes: anchoring Augmented Reality Experiences on iOS 17 and RealityOS
Apple Reality | Monday 29th of May 2023 09:15:22 AM
Apple has always been at the forefront of innovation, and their developments in App Clip Codes and the future Apple Reality Codes are no exception. These codes features, initially introduced in iOS 14 and expected to be enhanced in the upcoming iOS 17, are set to revolutionize the way we interact with AR experiences and the digital world around us.
Apple Reality Code: The Future of AR and QR Codes on RealityOS
Apple Reality | Friday 7th of April 2023 06:38:45 AM
Apple's highly anticipated Apple Reality headset is expected to revolutionize augmented and virtual reality experiences, generating much excitement within the tech industry. Of particular interest are the device's innovative features, including the likely inclusion of Apple Reality Codes, which are scannable AR QR Codes.
Apple to Release Augmented Reality Headset in Spring 2023
Apple Reality | Thursday 9th of February 2023 08:35:02 AM
In Spring 2023, Apple is set to release its own augmented reality headset, joining the growing market of virtual reality devices that have gained popularity in recent years. This information comes from Mark Gurman, a reputable technology journalist who has written for various publications, including 9to5Mac, Bloomberg, and Business Insider.
Apple has been consistently investing in Augmented Reality technology over the past few years and has already integrated it into several of its products, such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
Apple Reality: The Future of Apple Augmented Reality Headsets
The tech world is abuzz with anticipation for the rumored release of Apple's Augmented Reality headset, but it's important to note that this cutting-edge device has not yet hit the market.
Leaked information suggests that the Apple Reality headset will offer significant advancements over existing AR and VR devices. The headset is expected to resemble ski goggles and will be equipped with an external array of 12 cameras to power both AR and VR apps.
The headset will also feature small motors that adjust the lenses inside the device to optimize the user experience, as well as a button enabling the user to switch between fully-immersive VR and an AR view of their surroundings. Additionally, it is expected to support AirPods Pro and utilize inward-facing displays with 8K resolution for each eye, along with an outward-facing display for the front.
To enhance immersion, the Apple Reality headset will be outfitted with cameras and sensors to capture facial expressions and body movements, as well as short and long-range LiDARs for tracking the user's environment.
The Technology Powering the Apple Reality Headset: ARKit
Apple's ARKit framework enables developers to create and showcase AR experiences on Apple devices. First introduced in June 2017, ARKit has seen numerous updates since its release. Apple has also filed patents for AR and virtual reality technologies and is rumored to be developing a product called "Apple Reality" that would incorporate AR features.
ARKit provides several features and tools for building AR experiences:
- Visual Inertial Odometry (VIO): ARKit uses VIO to precisely track the device's position and orientation in the real world.
- Plane Detection: ARKit can identify flat surfaces in the environment, such as tables or floors, to create realistic AR experiences.
- Scene Understanding: ARKit is capable of analyzing the 3D structure of the environment, including the position and orientation of objects.
- Light Estimation: ARKit estimates lighting conditions in real-time, enabling AR content to blend seamlessly with the surroundings.
- Image Tracking: ARKit can recognize and track specific 2D images or patterns, allowing developers to create AR experiences triggered by particular objects or images.
- Face Tracking: ARKit can track and analyze facial expressions and movements, enabling developers to create AR experiences activated by facial gestures.
Apple Reality AR QR Codes
The Apple Reality ecosystem is also expected to incorporate scannable AR QR Codes, as part of a project named Gobi: Apple Reality Codes
A preview of this technology can be accessed through App Clip Codes associated with AR content, and the Apple AirTags are small devices designed to anchor AR. It appears that the entire Apple ecosystem is transitioning to include more AR capabilities, potentially in preparation for an AR headset or glasses. However, until the company makes an official announcement, it is impossible to know for certain what features or capabilities the Apple AR headset may or may not have.
AR Code's Adaptation for the Apple Reality Headset
At AR Code, we are closely monitoring the release of the Apple AR headset and are preparing to automatically adapt its use for scanning all codes generated on our platform. We already utilize the ARKit framework for displaying AR experiences on iOS and iPadOS devices. To use ARKit as a rendering AR SDK on AR Code, you will need to have an iOS or iPadOS device running iOS 11 or later.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Apple Reality augmented reality headset expected to be released?
Apple is expected to release its augmented reality headset, Apple Reality, in Spring 2023. However, it's important to note that the company has not yet made an official announcement, so the release date is subject to change.
What are some of the key features of the Apple Reality headset?
The Apple Reality headset is rumored to offer significant advancements over existing AR and VR devices. It is expected to resemble ski goggles and be equipped with 12 external cameras, small motors to adjust lenses, a button to switch between VR and AR views, support for AirPods Pro, and inward-facing 8K resolution displays for each eye. Additionally, it will include cameras and sensors to capture facial expressions and body movements, as well as short and long-range LiDARs for tracking the user's environment.
What is ARKit, and how is it related to the Apple Reality headset?
ARKit is Apple's framework for creating and showcasing augmented reality experiences on Apple devices. Introduced in June 2017, it has seen numerous updates and is expected to power the Apple Reality headset. ARKit provides features and tools for building AR experiences, such as Visual Inertial Odometry, Plane Detection, Scene Understanding, Light Estimation, Image Tracking, and Face Tracking.
What are Apple Reality AR QR Codes, and how will they work with the headset?
Apple Reality AR QR Codes are expected to be scannable codes that are part of a project named Gobi. These codes will be incorporated into the Apple Reality ecosystem, allowing users to access AR content. While specific details about how the headset will interact with these codes are not available, it is anticipated that the Apple Reality headset will be able to scan and process these codes to provide seamless AR experiences for users.
How is AR Code adapting its platform for the Apple Reality headset?
AR Code is closely monitoring the release of the Apple AR headset and is preparing to automatically adapt its platform for scanning all codes generated on its platform with the new headset. AR Code already utilizes the ARKit framework for displaying AR experiences on iOS and iPadOS devices, and it is expected that the Apple Reality headset will be compatible with these existing experiences.
23,886 AR experiences
87,895 Scans per day
Top Blog Posts
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of a 3D model in Blender (GLB, GLTF, DAE, FBX, OBJ...)?
- How Do I Scan AR Codes?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D file (.stl, .obj, .fbx, .dae to .glb or .gltf) on AR Code Studio ?
- AR Video: Play Videos Over Augmented Reality QR Codes
- AR QR Codes: The Future of Interactive Advertising
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Create an AR 3D Photo on AR Code
- What are Custom Pages & How to create one?
- What is the difference between a QR Code and an AR Code?
- AR Code Technology, The Future of Museums and Art exhibitions
- AR Codes: How They Work & Applications in Education
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Generate 3D Text on AR Code
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to create an AR Portal and anchor it with an AR Code?
- How to add Augmented Reality on a Business Card with an AR QR Code ?
- How to use Augmented Reality Codes in Real Estate business?
- AR Logo, to Automatically Design 3D logos from SVG image files
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to Display a 3D Scan Photogrammetry in Augmented Reality with an AR Code
- Uploading 3D Models on AR Code, What File Size and Format?
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Sports Centers
- How to create "Text to AR" experiences with the AR Text app by AR Code?
- How Augmented Reality Codes Can Make our Cities Smarter ?
- How AR Code is going to Transform Industrial and Manufacturing Companies
- How to Track and Retarget Users from your AR QR Code Experiences?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to convert a 3D CAD model from STP STEP or IGS IGES formats to GLB or OBJ
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to compress / reduce the size of an industrial 3D CAD model with MeshLab and Blender?
- AR Codes on Packaging to Display 3D Animations, Videos, or Data in Augmented Reality
- Scan AR Codes to Display Products from an Online Store in Augmented Reality
- AR QR Codes for Event Promotional Materials: Brochures, Posters, or Flyers
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ and AR QR Codes of Concept Cars and Auto Parts
- 3D Models GLB & USDZ of Museum Artworks and Their AR Codes
- Apple to Release Augmented Reality Headset in Spring 2023
- Enhancing Sports Events with AR Code: bring the FIFA World Cup to life
- Educational 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR QR Codes: Enhancing Learning for Students
- Industrial 3D Models GLB & USDZ and their AR Codes: Equipment, Tools and Machines
- 3D NFTs can be viewed in Augmented Reality with an AR QR Code
- Celebrating Christmas with Augmented Reality Codes
- Brands' AR Logos and Their GLB & USDZ 3D Models
- Apple Reality Code: The Future of AR and QR Codes on RealityOS
- Metaverse, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality: Apple's and Meta's plans
- Augmented Reality Glasses to Replace Smartphones Within 10 Years ?
- Decorative Vases: downloadable 3D Models GLB & USDZ with corresponding AR Codes
- Marketing Agencies can easily offer AR Solutions using AR Code
- Augmented Reality QR Codes Enhance Collaborative Product Design
- Furniture AR Codes and Their 3D Models in GLB & USDZ Formats
- Digitalizing Restaurant Menus with Augmented Reality QR Codes
- Augmented Reality QR Codes in Corporate Product Catalogs
- 8thWall VS AR Code: Comparing WebAR SaaS for Your Business
- App Clip Codes and Apple Reality Codes: anchoring Augmented Reality Experiences on iOS 17 and RealityOS
- How AR QR Codes in Books and Magazines are Transforming the Reading Experience
- Blippar VS AR Code: WebAR SaaS Platforms Compared
- AR FaceTime on the Apple Reality Pro Headset at WWDC 2023
For great Augmented Reality experiences, use devices with LiDAR sensors like the iPhone Pro: